Friday, February 6, 2009

my power cord went softly into that dark night.

so i must wait patiently for my new (well, not new, but functional) power cord to come in the mail before i can use felicia (my computer again). why felicia? i can hear you asking. why not felicia? is what i counter.

and again with the snow! now that it's started it can't seem to stop. this is unfortunate, as bristol uni still refuses to close. i spent about five hours reading and preparing assignments for class today so after a brief fit of indignation ("eff this! i'm not breaking my neck to walk all the way there! haven't they heard of SALTING the sidewalks?!" i exclaimed to my sleepy roommate) i grimly realized i should not skip two days in a row and set back out.

imagine my delight when not only my first class was empty, but my second was absolutely nonexistent; our normal classroom being used by a professor and her students that were decidedly NOT my professor and classmates.

i also found out that my boots are not waterproof.

so that was my morning. but my foul mood was quickly dispelled by my warm socks, my favorite hummus (moroccon style!), and my most beloved habit: reading in bed. my current book is you remind me of me by dan chaon, which i'm enjoying immensely. although the constant jumps in the narrative timeline in each chapter are wearying. i'm such a lazy reader.

i don't like hogging my roommate's computer for too long so here is where i'll bid adieu.

No comments:

Post a Comment